Tuesday

SHOW ME THE COOKIN'

All right, already. I know. I know. Its the 20th of the month and you AIN'T SEEN NOTHIN !

That's because the month has literally flown by.  And yes, we have been cooking.....lots. But we've also been super busy at our day jobs. Then family, holidays, travel, events etc. all competed for our time. Our beloved magazine shuts down on us....How's all that for excuses ?

So let me tell you about Oct 1 and show you the evidence. Babette and I couldn't even find the time to make a grocery list for our big cook off. Finally she sat beside me while I got a haircut on Sept 30, pen and notebook in hand, as we eeked out our plan for the next day.

We started on October 1st with determination while we chopped, stirred, basted, baked and cooked our way through many,many hours. After that;  Gary, Sexy Mary, Ace, Coach Martin, Bacon Boy, Deputy Miester and her guy, Chunky Monkey arrived. Well. The wine corks popped, there was champers for Saucy's birthday(and lovely presents), and there was eating, laughter, silliness and way too much good stuff going on.

So what,from the October Gourmet magazine, did Saucy and Babette make as a treat for the rest of the Lobstersandwich gang?

#1 PRETZEL BITES, COUNTRY HAM and CHEDDAR, with JALAPENO MUSTARD



Time consuming,you had to let the dough rise a bunch of times. Then you had to boil the little babies before baking them. Plus the diagram provided for forming the things was tough to follow. But we did it. Had a blast. And they tasted GREAT.

#2 LAMB SHANK RAGU with ANSON MILLS GRITS:







The grits were heavenly with the Manchego cheese. The ragu took awhile but when we carved the meat from the bone.... man,  we had to hold ourselves back from gobbling it all up. Bacon Boy showed up for a few minutes to take a video, but we can't show it. Editing would be required....

The flavor of the dish resulting from the slow cooked mixture of all good things including: fennel, bourbon, garlic, tomato, radicchio, oyster mushroom etc.etc was....simply, incredible.

Whoops!! Gotta go. Can't believe how late it is ! What did ya say, Bacon Boy?

TO BE CONTINUED ( there's lots more)

Hugs and hugs,
SAUCY


3 comments:

  1. You're starving me, Saucy!! Looks and sounds GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa... I knew you were serious, but this is making me salivate, no fair. I don't resort to such tactics when you guys come to samwich365.com, do I? :) ..... I think you're off to an awesome start. Flippin fantastic! I love what you're doing and how your doing it. Am I gushing agian?.. .. sorry.... Your fan, Keri
    www.samwich365.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, those pretzel bites and the grits look amazing! I like to make my grits with gouda, but I'll have to try the manchego!

    ms. butterpants

    ReplyDelete