Okey doakey. Here's what you need to serve 4 generously:
1. Get yourself 1 lb of suuuu-per bacon. Dice it in attractive chunks and saute till cooked. Scoop out of the pan with a slotted spoon. Drain on paper towel . Keep 1/2 of bacon fat in the fry pan. Put the drained bacon in a little bowl. ( This entire step could be done earlier in the day)
3. When its time to serve your masterpiece, cook up some spaghettini according to your preference. Drain and return to cooking pot. Put pot on low to med heat. Careful of the heat so stuff doesn't burn.
4. Now pile in the goodies while mixing constantly with a pasta claw or wooden spoon. Add the bacon, the onion/fat/garlic mixture, 2 cups or more of grated high quality parmesan cheese, 2 -3 raw eggs AND LOTS of cream and or half and half until you get a gooey, rich, globby, cheesy, decadent mixture that looks vicious and tastes deadly. ( Not runny...just gloopy and sticky,but good gloopy and sticky...) Oh yeah,season with salt and coarse black pepper. Then put more cheese and some dried chillis on the table for people to play with. Oh yeah,some rocky gourmet salt too.
Cheffie. Of Orange County. This is for you. SAUCY's NAUGHTY CAR-bone-ARA.
Hugs and hugs
It's true my friends. Extra! Extra! Read all about it. SAUCY and LOBSTERSANDWICH and the gang return. Sorry for the way-too-long break. Too much else got in the way. But we're back and we're cookin' and ready to tell a few tales (ooooh...do tell!)
Soon ,very soon a mouth watering, waist expanding, delectable, unconventional recipe. Unconventional because the purists won't like it. So what...your dinner guests will LUUUUUUV it. I'll tell you about all the ooohs and awwws and doggy bag requests . ( Doggy...did someone say "Doggie"....here TERRY...SIT...and you, dear reader, might like to click from the list below this post:"terry wants a sandwich" for more)
Especially, @chefrenee will like the name of the dish (I'm NOT tellin' yet).
More in a few days. Missed you guys SOOOOOOmuch. I came back just as soon as I could. Let's have some fun.
HUGS and more HUGS
- 1st prize winner (1)
- Ace's cooking (1)
- another lobster tale (1)
- Babette's rule (1)
- Bacon Boy's shrimp.... (1)
- Bacy's new pet (1)
- beginning recipes Oct1 (1)
- cheatin' cookin' (1)
- daddy likesssssss (1)
- Dolly (1)
- fake lasagna(faux-sagna) frozen for a later interactive dinner party (1)
- How it all began (1)
- making Umberto's gravy and... (1)
- naughty carbonara (1)
- October GOURMET Mag arrives (1)
- regrouping December 2009 (1)
- rhubarb custard pie (1)
- Saucy and Pals cook MOMOFUKU (1)
- Saucy's back (1)
- Shock and Dismay (1)
- Stockyards Smokehouse and Larder (1)
- teensy issue (1)
- Terry wants a sandwich (1)
- the Deputy (1)
- the new plan/Oct 5/09 REVISED NOV 16/09 (1)